Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Welcome to Unworthy


Unworthy started with a conversation between two friends, which led to a thought: why do so many cultures around the world view and treat women as "unworthy" or second-class? And why do so many brilliant women we know view themselves as unworthy as well?

The enormity of that simple question inspired me to reach out to some friends, and to ask them to explore that idea, and the many other questions related to women's issues and feminism, together. I've encouraged them to submit their thoughts in any genre, from analytical essays to links to interesting articles to their own original artwork.

I want this to become a diverse and inclusive dialogue. I want it to be funny and gut-wrenching and uncomfortable and thought-provoking and constructive. I want it to change minds and I want to learn along the way.

We'll see how it goes.

Welcome to Unworthy.

--Leili

No comments:

Post a Comment